HELPFUL TIPS ON PERSONAL HYGIENE & FOOD HANDLING IN YOUR KITCHEN
- Wash hands if not wearing gloves at regular intervals. Use a clean towel or paper towel to dry your hands that will only be used once.
- Tie back hair, wear a hair net or hat to keep hair from contaminating food.
- Keep fingernails trimmed and scrubbed to prevent the spread of disease.
- Wear shoes that cover the whole foot not thongs or sandals to prevent accidents in the kitchen.
- Wear clean, neat clothing that is not damaged or exposed to the skin and covers arms and legs to help prevent injury if there is an accident.
- Always use clean utensils and never us utensils that have been used for raw food with cooked food.
- Keep food preparation and cooking area clean and tidy at all times.
- When tasting food always use clean utensils and not your hands to prevent the spread of disease and bacteria.